Despite the many articles and research papers that we came across demonstrating this existing subject as an issue, we were unable to find even one organization that provided assistance specifically to Asian Americans.
Below is a list of resources that we attempted to put together via contacts within our own networks and cold calls. If you know of a group or service that’s not listed below, please let us know!
- Body Positive: Boosting Body Image At Any Weight
- Eating Disorders Anonymous
- Eating Disorder Hope
- Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center
- Mentor Connect (Eating Disorders Mentoring)
- The National Association for Males with Eating Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Overeaters Anonymous
- Shelley’s Angels Society (Financial Help for E.D.)
- Eating Disorder Recovery for Women
Do you know any?
- Beauty Up: Exploring Contemporary Japanese Aesthetics
- Breaking Free From Emotional Eating
- Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works
- Gaining: The Truth About Life After Eating Disorders
- Healing Your Hungry Heart: Recovering from Your Eating Disorder
Disclaimer: Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement of these sites/books. Thick Dumpling Skin is not responsible for the informational content of these sites.