A lot of feeling good mentally comes from feeling good physically. Here are some tips from Alisha Sanvicens of Chalkboard Magazine on Beating Energy Slumps the Natural Way:
- Wake up and put the kettle on. Squeeze a whole lemon, chop an inch of ginger, and throw in some cayenne pepper to boiled water. Drink on the way to work!
- Yes, I do drink some coffee. I love coffee! But instead of vats of it, I start with a 16oz half-caf drip and let that take through the day.
- Glowing Green Smoothie by Kimberly Snyder. This is my breakfast and I love it. I’ll make a big batch at night, pour it into mason jars and I’m good for a few days.
- Light lunch. Eating a boatload at lunch is comforting, but it’s also a lullaby. I eat lots of greens, quinoa and steamed, roasted, and raw veg. Also, I find certain dressings put me to sleep (usually the delicious ones), so I try to listen to my body.
- Chocolate Cherry bomb smoothie. This is a game-changer. I customize this recipe by adding almond extract and play around with the ingredients.
- Pre-packaged raw almonds from Trader Joe’s! Great snack. So are Larabars.
- Sleep. I’m such a night owl this is hard. I make it a game to be in bed 30 minutes before I want to be in bed and think about how great I’ll feel tomorrow.
- Maca maca maca
- Stress is a huge energy suck. When it starts to creep in I stop and take three deep breaths or go on a quick walk to the kitchen to reset.